NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (“U.S.”), THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE WITH A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AS OF DATE OF ENTRY.
1. CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD: The Why Use A Travel Advisor Contest (the “Contest”) begins on 4/29/19 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 10/29/19 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the "Contest Submission Period").
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to be nominated as a nominee (“Nominee”) in the Why Use A Travel Advisor Contest, an individual must be, as of the date of nomination by Nominator (defined below), (i) a legal resident of the fifty (50) U.S., the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Eligible Area”); (ii) twenty-one (21) years of age or older; and (iii) an active and authorized Travel Agent in Carnival Cruise Line’s reservation system. Nominations will be accepted from individuals (each a “Nominator”) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and who are legal residents of an Eligible Area. Employees, officers and directors of Carnival Cruise Line, a division of Carnival Corporation (“Sponsor”), Carnival Corporation, teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“teamDigital”) and/or “Administrator”) (collectively the “Contest Entities”), Northstar Travel Group, Travel Weekly and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising agencies, Contest fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) and their immediate families (parents, spouses, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The information you provide as detailed below will only be used for Contest purposes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest Submission Period, Nominators will visit www.wuatacontest.com (hereafter, “Website”) and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit the registration form inclusive of providing his/her Nominee’s name, email, and a short testimonial of (280) words or less (“Testimonial”) to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”). Each Entry should include a detailed description of how the Nominee has positively impacted the Nominator’s travel experience(s) (“Theme”). NOTE: Nominees cannot nominate themselves.
All Entries must: 1) be the original creation of the Nominator; 2) not have won any type of previous recognition awards (regardless of compensation); 3) not have been previously published or produced in any fashion (regardless of compensation); 4) not infringe on any third-party rights; 5) be suitable for publication as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor; and 6) not include obscenity, profanity, racist themes or material that is sexually oriented or comments regarding sexual orientation, or that are explicit, suggestive or exploit people in a sexual or violent manner. Any Entry deemed inappropriate, pornographic, lewd or offensive for any reason, and/or otherwise inconsistent with the above-outlined guidelines, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, will not be considered. Modification of an existing work does not qualify as original. In order to be entered into the Contest, Nominee and Nominator must both comply with the Entry instructions and each Entry submitted must meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. Once submitted, an Entry cannot be deleted, canceled, or modified.
Message and data rates may apply if you choose to enter using your mobile device. Limit of one (1) nomination per Nominator throughout the Promotion Period. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. There is no limit to the number of times a Nominee can be nominated, but each Entry must be distinctly different and unique. The name of the “authorized account holder” associated with any given email address will be deemed to be the Nominator and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof (to Released Parties’ satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Released Parties. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, undelivered, inaccurate or misdirected entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, Internet Service Provider (ISP), cable, satellite, server or other connections; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Nominee’s, Nominator’s, or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of this Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of winners or in any other Contest-related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices as specifically set forth above is prohibited and Entries through such prohibited devices are void. By entering this Contest, Nominators give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, email and/or postal mail for the purpose of this Contest only and to assist in contacting their Nominees.
By entering, each Nominator warrants and represents that his/her Entry does not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Such persons further warrant and represent that: (1) Sponsor shall own the Entry (and all material embodied therein); (2) they irrevocably assign to Sponsor and its designees any and all rights, title and interest in the Entry including but not limited to all intellectual property rights; (3) Sponsor and its designees shall have, without limitation, the perpetual and worldwide right, but not the obligation, to edit, adapt, modify, publish, exploit and use the Entry in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration, notification or permission of Nominators, Nominees, the Prize Winners (described and defined below) or any third parties or, at its discretion, remove any Entries; and (4) they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or featured in their Entry and, if their Entry is a winner, agree to provide legal releases for the use of such reference or image in a form satisfactory to Sponsor.
4. DETERMINATION OF CONTEST WINNERS:
All eligible Entries will be aggregated together and judged based on the following criteria by Sponsor (hereafter, the “Judging Criteria”): Passion (does the Entry stir emotion in those that read it): 0-30 points; Demonstration of commitment to client/guest: 0-30 points; Relevance to Theme: 0-40 points.
The highest scoring Entry will be declared the Grand Prize winning Entry and the associated Nominator and Nominee will be named the potential two (2) Grand Prize winners. The next two (2) highest scoring Entries will each be declared a Runner-Up Prize winning Entry and only the associated Nominee for each will be named the two (2) Runner-Up Prize winners. In addition, the aforementioned three (3) corresponding Runner-Up Nominees will also each receive a “Nominee Prize”.
In the event of a tie or series of ties that, after the above-described initial judging/scoring occurs, prevents the determination of which Entry has the highest score (as described above, one with the highest score, then the one with the next highest score), any Entries (with the tied scores) will, as needed, be re-judged/re-scored based on the following criteria: Relevance to Carnival brand: 0-100 points.
Potential winners will be contacted by email and/or telephone and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release of Liability and (where legal) a Publicity Release within three (3) days of date of issuance of notification. Noncompliance with any of the foregoing, with these Official Rules, the inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or any notification being returned as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, a runner-up being notified. Winner status is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. However, if the potential Grand Prize winners and the potential Runner-up Prize winner do comply with the above-described procedures, such potential Grand Prize winners and the potential Runner-up Prize winners will be deemed to be, respectively, the confirmed two (2) Grand Prize winners and two (2) Runner-up Prize winners.
5. PRIZES: TWO GRAND PRIZES: Nominee (travel advisor) Grand Prize: The Nominee Grand Prize winner will receive the following: i) a Carnival cruise up to a maximum of fifteen (15) nights for winner and a travel guest ("Travel Guest") on Carnival’s Mardi Gras ship in a double occupancy balcony stateroom (from a select list of sailings provided by Carnival Cruise Line); ii) air transportation for winner in the form of one (1) $500 VISA gift card; iii) $1,000 in the form of a wire transfer; and iv) commission on Nominator’s Grand Prize cruise awarded in the form of a $250 Visa gift card.The Nominator Grand Prize winner will receive: i) a Carnival cruise up to a maximum of fifteen (15) nights for winner and a travel guest ("Travel Guest") on Carnival’s Mardi Gras ship in a double occupancy balcony stateroom (from a select list of sailings provided by Carnival Cruise Line); and ii) air transportation for winner in the form of one (1) $500 VISA gift card. Approximate Retail Value of Nominee Grand Prize (“ARV”) = $4,270. Approximate Retail Value of Nominator Grand Prize: $3,020. TWO (2) RUNNER-UP PRIZES: Each Nominee (travel advisor) Runner-Up Prize winner will receive the following: i) a Carnival cruise up to a maximum of fifteen (15) nights for two (2) in a double occupancy balcony stateroom on Carnival’s Mardi Gras ship (from a select list of sailings provided by Carnival Cruise Line); and ii) air transportation for winner in the form of one (1) $500 VISA gift card. ARV = $3,020 each. THREE (3) NOMINEE PRIZES: Each Nominee Prize winner will receive a one (1) night trip to The Travel Weekly Cruise World Event currently scheduled to take place in Fort Lauderdale, FL on 11/13/19. Trip includes all of the following: a) round trip coach air transportation from a major gateway airport nearest winner’s residence to destination city; b) standard single occupancy hotel accommodations for one (1) night; c) and admission to Cruise World. ARV: $1,000 each.
For Grand and Runner-Up Prizes: In order to accept and receive the Nominee Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prizes, Nominee must be able to attend the Travel Weekly Cruise World Event as outlined above. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply to gift card at issuer’s sole discretion. Cruise prizes consist of cruise fare only, are only applicable to new individual bookings and approved by Sponsor. Each winner and travel guest are responsible for transportation to and from the port of departure and any and all other expenses incurred in connection with the cruise, including without limitation, taxes and port expenses, pre and post-cruise travel and accommodations, airfare and associated fees, shore excursion fees, specialty restaurant fees, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, spa treatments, gratuities, merchandise, souvenirs and all other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules. Actual retail value of Grand and Runner-Up Prizes will be determined at time of booking and is dependent on dates of travel, duration of voyage, seasonal rates, and itinerary. Additional guests and category upgrades are available at an additional cost to winner, subject to availability. No refund or credit shall be provided for stateroom downgrades. Winner and travel guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. Travel guests must (or travel guests’ parent or legal guardian if a travel guest is an eligible minor in his/her state/province of residence) sign and return a travel/publicity release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and travel guests must: (i) have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including, but not limited to, a valid passport or other document) required for travel; and (ii) comply with all check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. No cash redemptions. Sponsor does not guarantee exact sailing dates requested by winner will be available. Any portion of the cruise prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited, and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the cruise prize for any reason. Other limitations and restrictions may apply. Cruise prize is non-transferable, cannot be substituted (except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value), and may not be sold or combined with any other offer. Cruise prize is applicable to new bookings only. Winner must notify Sponsor of intent to sail on the cruise pursuant to these Official Rules, by no later than ninety (90) days prior to the date of departure of the cruise sailing. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any cancellations of the sailing will result in forfeiture of the cruise prize. No refund, credit, or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or ground transportation. Infants accompanying an adult on the cruise must be at least six (6) months of age. No “Vacation Guarantee” or similar type offer shall apply to the cruise prizes. Cruise is subject to all carrier restrictions, requirements, rules, regulations, policies, service charges, advance ticketing requirements, capacity controls, availability and other restrictions. It is the cruise prize winner’s sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize element will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay. In the event the winner and/or his or her travel guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send winner and/or his or her travel guests home with no further compensation. Unused components of the prizehave no redeemable cash value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Winner may not request prize substitution. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth and detailed in Sponsor’s passenger ticket contract found here: http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx.
For Nominee Prizes: Actual value may vary based upon location of each winner’s residence. Trip must be taken on date(s) designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to runner up. Travel and accommodation restrictions and other restrictions may apply. All travel and hotel arrangements must be made through travel agent of Sponsor’s selection on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Released Parties are not responsible for travel delays or cancellations. In the event Cruise World is postponed, trip will be rescheduled. In the event Cruise World is not rescheduled, such portion of prize will be cancelled and no compensation or substitution for such portion of the prize will be provided; however, the remainder of prize package will be awarded, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to any winner. Winners must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion(s) of the prize and removal from Cruise World. Released Parties reserve the right to remove or to deny attendance to winner and/or any guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event.
For all prizes: All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any prize is the sole responsibility of each winner. Each prize is valid only for the individual that won a prize, is not transferable, and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Winners (and if applicable, travel guest(s)) must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (including but not limited to a valid passport) or other documents required for any travel. Prizes cannot be substituted (except at the sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value) and may not be sold or combined with any other offer. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event a winner (and if applicable, his or her travel guest(s)) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send winner and/or his or her travel guest home with no further compensation. Unused components of a prize have no redeemable cash value. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in a winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize element will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of prize for any reason. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay. Any difference between stated and actual value of any prize will not be awarded, refunded or credited. Total ARV of all prizes awarded: $16,330.
7. General: By entering, each entrant agrees (1) that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use in any manner (unless prohibited by law) entrant's name, voice, city and state of residence, and photographs and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or Contest and/or any other purpose now or hereafter known anywhere in the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third parties, except where prohibited by law; (2) to release the Released Parties from all liability and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, infringement or violation of third-party rights or personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of (a) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize; (b) participation in or administration of this Contest; (c) the exploitation of any of the rights granted herein; and (d) any element of this Contest; (3) to assume all liability for any injury or damage related to (2) (a)-(d); (4) to be bound by the Official Rules and the Administrator’s decisions which are final; (5) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; (6) that all causes of action relating to this Contest will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (7) that any and all claims, judgments, or awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees; and (8) that Florida law shall apply exclusively to the Contest and that any dispute with respect to the Contest shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the County of Miami-Dade, State of Florida.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs or compromises the administration, security, integrity or fairness of the Contest (or portions thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, notice will be posted online, and Sponsor reserves the right, at its discretion, to select the winner(s) from those eligible, non-suspect Entries prior to event requiring such termination using the applicable judging procedure herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
Any Entries suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar methods of participation) may be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. If an Entrant submits more than the stated number of Entries permitted, and/or if Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or any other method, all suspect entries submitted by the Entrant may be declared null and void.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY CONTEST-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00 USD). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FROM SPONSOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. winnerS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit https://choose.fun/wuata-contest no later than 12/29/19.
10. Sponsor: Carnival Cruise Line, a division of Carnival Corporation, Carnival Place, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami, FL 33178-2428. Sponsor is not responsible for the administration of the Contest.
11. Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801.